Monday, November 15, 2010

Life skill.

Today's Menu for dinner:
Ayam masak asam pedas
Asparagus goreng berlada
Nasi panas.




Carl Sagan once said: "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch you must first create the universe."

Actually, i'm not good in cooking but nevertheless, i can cook for some basic dishes such as fried vege. As i remembered , i start cook since i was 10 years old. It begun when one day my parents haven't back yet from work .Working in hotel industry especially for non-exec required you to work more than 8 hours.Since i'm the eldest that night i try to figure out to try something special for dinner. I try to re-heat the fried vege that we ate for lunch but suddenly i dont know where the ideas come, i put an egg into the friend vege. I may called it as scramble vege+egg (^__^). The taste? For sure its delicious as people call me Fatty and kuat makan!! So, thats how my first cooking experiments. Until now, i still learn slowly. Whenever i'm not confident to cook new dishes,i'll just make a phone call for free cooking consultation. My mum was so conscious about life skill among her daughters. what i meant is life skill including house chores,cooking,using public transport alone,shopping for groceries, even for making ketupat! She always mention that "anak dara kena pandai masak". (But until now sometimes i never quite achieved some dishes). " You have to be independent so that people will love to be around you because you are dependable". That's what my mum always said to me when i was in standard primary school.I still remember when i was in standard 2. I was playing wrestling (like in the WWF channel) with my cousins (a boy). I got smacked by him on my elbow. Whooaa...The pain is unbearable and i couldn,t breath for a second at that moment. I've been hospitalized and just me, myself, alone on my bed, no one taking care of me.The main reason i still don't know but both my mum and dad said " Be strong,be independent, be like no other kids. Show to the world you are the strongest and brave kid". At that time i'm proud of myself because i can manage myself (even though i broke my elbow) for 4 days 3 nights! Sometimes i feel envy too among my friends and cousin because their parents never let them do some life skill. But now i realize how important life skill are! I'm not saying that i'm pro at it ,seriously i'm still learning through magazines,website and etc.
Phew. enough said. its getting late already. i can't think as well to write an appropriate stories as i'm not a good story-teller though. Till then. Have a nice day everyone. Hope tomorrow is better than today. (^__^)


*Car need to be serviced (-__-). I hate when the gas indicator showed 2 bar =p


*You may drop some comment for my grammatical error.

No comments: