Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Where Do I Get Motivation To Write in English?




Where do i get motivation and strength to write an entry in english? Well, the stories begin , when one day i blogwalking to Kak Anna Joe's Blog. Her Topic's entry makes me tempted to read all of the entry content until the end dots. So, after finished reading her entry i was like feels that , why not i try to write an entry in english ? This is my blog and i am aware of people read my entry. Lets put aside what people may talking about you. Furthermore, my other half encourage me to write in english. He loves it even though my grammar is missing here and there. To tell the truth, yes i am feeling ashame at first. But after second and third entries and so on, i'm ok. Malu beb, sape tak malu. But, hey, to make a change, its not easy as you can see. You need an effort and support from the closest person around you. Ask for their opinion and your intention to start improving your english. Maybe you can get an idea from them. Kalau tak tau maksud dalam bahasa inggeris? Ok, usually i will make sure i have dictionary beside me or google dictionary also can. But the most efficient to improve your english is to use english-english dictionary. Try to understand deeply. But of course if english-english dictionary doesn't help you, you can refer to both malay-english and english-english dictionary. My method maybe seems complicated but this is my way. But not all my entries in english. There is still in other entries in Malay because i feel that some of my story is better to write in Malay. Plus, i'm not pro yet to write all in english.

Other than that, i also spent some of my pocket money to buy The Stars newspaper everyday to read in english. I know some of my friends said that "why not you read english newspaper by internet rather than spending your money for a piece of paper...". Well, i am old skool type. I more to read paper than internet. Lagi feel. =p.

Last but not least, don't hesitate to make a good change of yourself. 2010 is about 2 weeks more to an end. 2011 is just around the corner. Make your new resolution. (^__^)
Good Luck!

1 comment:

CemPaKa SiReH said...

Good job sis lyd..
OK what your english..
its feel best and excited to read..and give motivates for me to love writing and speak in english..insyaAllah ;)